Starting Grant 2022
BraYn Awards > Starting Grant
Starting Grant 2022
From May 15th to July 31st
One experiment to rule them all!
Neuroscience is one of the most challenging fields of research. Although our understanding of the brain keeps growing exponentially, we still have much to learn, especially regarding the intricate interplay between all the different brain cell types. Indeed, cell-to-cell communication between neurons, astrocytes, microglia, pericytes, and endothelial cells can have a huge impact on brain biology, both in physiological and pathological conditions. The BraYn organisation will fund one PhD student or early career postdoc to answer an experimental question with a focused research plan in the field of neuroscience, either to validate a hypothesis that concludes a story or to test a hypothesis being the base of a new story. The story and/or approach proposed should be highly innovative. Topics that may be covered are the following: Neuro/glia interaction, Neurodegeneration, Epilepsy, Neurodevelopment & Neurogenetics, Neuro-oncology, Neuroinflammation, Neurophysiology & Neural Plasticity, Clinical Neuroscience PhD students or Postdocs at a very early stage of their career from anywhere around the world can apply.
The grant proposal should be structured as follows:
- Two pages including a brief introduction, scope of the research, preliminary results (optional), a key experimental approach, and a clear indication of the topic(s) covered among those indicated above.
- Not included in the two pages limit:
– One page for references (maximum of 10).
– One figure page (optional).
– Financials. Funds should be spent on consumables. Applications using funds for stipends, mice, or equipment will not be accepted.
– Two-pages curriculum vitae (CV).
The successful candidate will be asked to submit a report by two months after the end of the grant period, and will be offered the possibility to present her/his results at the next BraYn Conference in 2023.
- Time: 6 months (starting January 2023).
- PhD students, postdocs and young researchers under the age of 40.
- Valid contract until the end of the project.
- Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funding: 5000 euros.