Poster > Guidelines
3-minutes poster pitches
Dear BraYn Neuroscientists,
Due to the nature of a virtual meeting, the handling of poster materials is necessarily different than an in-person meeting.
Each presenting author must submit a digital poster as a 3 minutes video (of up to 5 slides). The presentation must respect the following rules:
- use a maximum of 5 slides, with the first one including exclusively the title, lab members, acknowledgments, co-authors (with the presenting author being the first name), affiliations and the last one including exclusively the conclusions.
- the first slide should show the information listed above and must include a picture and the email address of the presenting author.
- display the poster code in each slide.
- authors can choose whether to include a recording of themselves presenting the poster in one corner of the presentation.
- avoid using small images and text.
- the slides should be self-explanatory, text and audio should be brief and well-organized.
- the presentation should include your aim, methods, results, and conclusions. Slide 1 and slide 5 should follow the guidelines, while slide 2, 3 and 4 may be organized as the author wishes.
- finally, save your presentation as .mp4 and name it as: “Name_Family name_poster code” where poster code corresponds to the code you have received via email (example: “Mario_Rossi_ND01”).
How to submit
To submit your presentation, each author must send the .mp4 file, named as above, via WeTransfer by following these specifics:
- email to: email@example.com
- your email address
- message: “Name_Family name_poster code” (named as the file) + title of your presentation.
The presentation must be sent no later than November 18th.
The recorded audio-video presentation will be accessible only from the BraYn virtual platform, from 20th to 26th of November. Participants can access the virtual platform with the email address used at the moment of the registration, select the session and click on the presentation of their interest that will re-direct them to the unlisted and unindexed video presentation on YouTube.
Please note the following technical requirements for the video presentation:
- Resolution: 1280×720 (720p) – minimum.
- “Internet Quality” in PowerPoint.
- Format: .MP4 (H.264 codec).
- Avoid periods of silence.
- Be sure to have a good sound quality (use external microphone whether possible), avoid using the built-in microphone on a laptop computer, speak loudly, clearly, and forcefully.
- How to record narration and timings in PowerPoint
- How to turn your presentation into a video
- Reduce file size and save as mp4 file
Keynote for MacOS
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Studio
- Start a meeting where you are the only participant. Share the desired window that contains the presentation. On the additional options button, click on Record. When you end the meeting, the video will be exported on a new folder that contains the recorded screen in an .mp4 format.
- More information is available on support.zoom.us